[MR2] Help needed with clutch pls
STEVEN M HAUSHERR
hausherrs at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 24 15:21:21 EDT 2009
Been there before.. This is how I did mine:
1) Jack up and secure the car on stands so you can get under it.
2) Connect a hose to the bleeder valve on the slave
3) loosen the bleeder valve
4) take the cap off the Master cylinder and top off the tank with fluid.
5) On the cap there will be a vent cap. Take the vent cap off the main cap.
6) Put the main cap back on the reservoir. There is a little hole on the main cap that was previously covered by the vent cap. set a compressor to 5 to 10 psi and while holding the main cap on with your hand pump air into the tank to force the fluid down the plumbing and all the air bubbles out the bleeder valve.
7) Tighten the bleeder valve once you have gone through a tank of fluid. Check for pedal pressure.
Finish the bleeding process as per the book. I followed the book instructions for 30 + minutes and never got any pedal pressure. Thats when I broke out the compressor and the wrapped it up in 5 minutes. That was with a 91t btw.
From: Angus Harvey <cheekeychavie at googlemail.com>
To: mr2 at mr2.com
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 1:51:58 PM
Subject: [MR2] Help needed with clutch pls
Hello again all...
Have recently changed my engine and upon doing so, when I disconnected
my clutch flexi to engine I lost quite a bit of fluid:-(
My problem is that now I have re-connected every thing I cant seem to
bleed the little blighter in!
No matter how much I pump and turn the screw I cant seem to get any
resistance at all!
Any ideas fellas?
Thanx again for your time
MR2 Mailing List
MR2 at mr2.com
More information about the MR2